This is by far one of the most relaxing treats you can give one another – the sensual foot massage. Because it’s so relaxing, you might want to wait and save it till the end of your day.
I just love this because after a long day at work, my feet really hurt. So guess what I ask my husband when I get home? “Honey I know you are tired, but please can you rub my feet?”
It feels so good, sometimes it is better than sex. I love my feet being caressed and touched and yes, it does relax me and lead to other things at times.
We used to relax in front of the TV and he would get involved in watching some show and just keep rubbing my feet. If he stopped, all I had to do was wiggle my foot and somehow he got the message to keep on rubbing. Lately, we have decided to rub our feet and stay in the present moment with no TV, a completely different experience.
So let me give you some tips how to create a sensual experience with your feet:
1. You will need two buckets, or tubs of water. Foot massage or pedicure tubs work great, but they aren’t necessary. You can pick them up at departments stores and they aren’t that expensive.
2. Begin by washing your partner’s feet. If you have decided to take turns, have several towels on hand along with enough soap, lotion, oil or powder for both of you. You don’t want to be interrupted in the middle of it by running out of something.
3. Take the time to set a romantic atmosphere. You might like candles and music… When my husband and I started doing foot massages we watched TV. It felt good, but we were not really paying attention to what we were doing and it was more of an unconscious exercise. But by changing our pattern, we became more aware of the sensations and enjoyed the experience more and definitely felt more connected.
4. Fill two buckets with warm water, one for washing and one for rinsing. The water should be a few degrees above body temperature. Any hotter, it will be uncomfortable. You can also add a few drops of an organic water softener to create a soft sensual texture. Be aware if your partner prefers fragrance free, but I like relaxing lavender.
5. Next, sit in a chair facing each other with the bucket on the floor between you. Place his or her feet in the water for a few seconds. Lift one foot and then slowly and carefully wash it with soap. Keep it wet and slippery as you wash all the tiny crevasses. After you’ve washed one foot, place it back in the water and pick up the other one. Repeat the process. If you put a towel on your lap for your partner’s foot to rest on, you won’t have to stop and rinse your thighs before going onto the next step.
6. Once you’ve washed each foot, put a clean towel on your lap and lift the first foot out of the water. Lather it again, feeling the way the soap feels on your skin. Enjoy this moment. Before the soap gets sticky, put your partner’s foot into the rinsing bowl and then lift the other foot from the washing bowl. Repeat the process. When both feet are washed and rinsed, move the tub aside and take one foot out of the rinse water. Wrap it completely in a towel. Do the same to the other foot. Lift one foot onto your lap and dry it thoroughly, making sure you dry between the toes. Then take your time and lavish it with oil or lotion or powder. Repeat with other foot.
7. Then take one of your partner’s heels and put on your thigh. Hold it in your hands for a few moments to warm it and then begin rubbing. To relax the foot, start with lower leg and rub downward towards the feet. Then very gently in small circles, lightly caress from the heel to the bottom of the toes. Use your entire hand to caress the foot and massage between the toes. If your partner isn’t too ticklish , you can use light feathery strokes or use your fingernails to create wonderful sensations along the bottom of the feet. If you are too ticklish in the beginning, try returning to a very light touch after a few minutes and usually the sensitivity decreases.
8. When you have finished with one foot, repeat the same sequence on the other foot. Enjoy and really experience all the different sensations.